Why Weekends are Amazing!

8:25 PM Edit This 2 Comments »
Hello mostly ladies and perhaps a few gents,
So yes, I realize it's been several weeks since I've updated anything, and I place the blame solely on the fact that I am *gasp* in college. So I'll start off with the date since I'm sure that's what most of you have been bugging my mom about the most.
The date was so much fun! Dustin (McKenzie's boyfriend) and Sam (her best friend) sent us on a scavenger hunt, with all these clues for us to follow all over Provo! It was great. We ended up at Wal-Mart, where they meet us in the doorway wearing these goofy sunglasses with the tags still on, then we went shopping for a dinner. We brought it back to Sam's apartment and cooked it up and watched several episodes of The Office, which was a blast. Then we went to this ice cream shop called Sub Zero, which is kind of like Coldstone only they mix the cream and then freeze it with this liquid nitrogen thing... it's way cool. So, it was a very fun night. :)
To sum up the past few weeks, I basically work my tail off during the week and then waste pretty much the entire weekend partying and goofing around. My calc class is so much work, and it's super hard, but I'll survive (hopefully). The testing center is probably the scariest place I have ever been, not because of the way it looks but because of the potential doom the entire establishment dangles over your head the minute you walk through the door. My lifestyle management class continues to be a phenomenal waste of time, but at least it's two easy credit hours. My BOM teacher continues to be completely hilarious, she's definitely my favorite teacher even though there are other teachers that are better at their jobs. Econ is still mind-numbingly boring, but my teacher is really good. He just has the most uninteresting subject to teach imaginable. Aaaaand... physics. My teacher is still incredibly geeky, but the classes are way fun because a) the demonstrations are awesome and 2) I sit by Cameron and Taylor (who's from the Anoka Stake!!) every day, and me and Cameron pretty much play games and do puzzles the whole time. It's so much fun. Make of that what you will. ;-)
Me and Somers have been going to the temple every week, which is so nice. It's amazing to be able to just walk down there and pop in whenever we feel like it. The fall leaves are sooo pretty, and this past Friday we brought cameras and took tons of pictures on the way back.
My roommates are pretty much amazing. We have so much fun together, and we just fit together perfectly. We were talking a few days ago about how lucky we got with roommates, because we are absolutely crazy about each other. We've heard some other dorms getting into some tiffs, and we've met a lot of other girls that we've liked, but probably wouldn't have clicked as well with. Our basement buddies are really awesome too. Our dorms visit teach each other, so Somers and I were over there this week visiting one of them, and we ended up spending like 30 minutes afterwards gossiping about boys with the other girls. Our Relief Society president is in that dorm, and she's the cutest thing on the planet.
As for the weekends, a sampling of our activities on weekends would be:
-going to the Love You Long Time concert in 80s getups (I LOVE that band!!!)
-The stake Halloween dance
-Watching movies
-Going to Dustin's house to carve pumpkins and then play sock hockey at their church gym with a bunch of their little siblings
-Staying up insanely late
-The ward water party, which was waaaay fun and involved an enormous slip-n-slide and lots of bruises. :)
-Sleepovers in the kitchen on mattresses, and playing the "ha" game on each others' stomaches.
-Playing pool with the Broadbent boys
-Running all over campus
-Cleaning check (bleaugh), which we passed. Yay.
-Homecoming funness.
-Dressing my roommates in clashing clothes and taking pictures. :)
-Seeing Kung Fu Panda at the varsity theater!
-Spur-of-the-moment parties with whoever.
Aaaand I'm probably forgetting other stuff but that probably gives you a general idea. Basically, I love the weekends. I love BYU. And I love you guys! I made you another video with a buncha pictures from various shenanigans. Enjoy!
P.S. Just saw the new Half-Blood Prince trailer today!! It was fantastic, and I nearly had a seizure. I watched it six times. Please watch it. Go to mugglenet. Seriously, it is So. Good. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Angie said...

Ahhhh....you take me back to my own college days! You know that was SO long ago! ;) I'm so glad you're having a blast. It's so cliche, but you really will remember these days your whole life so party it up! Oh and pass calculus to of course! :)

Anne said...

Have I told you lately that I love you?!!! Frankly, I just saw you, but I so miss you! It was so fun to see you (and Provo) again! I'm so glad you love BYU as much as the rest of us have!